Bilingual (F/E) Technical Support Analyst
The Bilingual (F/E) Technical Support Analyst provides both Level 1 and Level 2 (Deskside) technical support to internal company users.
- Manage and process all telephone, online or email technical support requests and incidents
- Answer all user requests log them and analyze, document and resolve problems to end users’ satisfaction
- Escalate tickets as required
- Follow-up with users until the issue is resolved and the ticket is closed
- Ensure that user requests are handled according to established service criteria.
- Perform basic remote desktop, application and network troubleshooting and provide high-level support to all users based on troubleshooting results and according to established criteria:
- Install computer hardware and software;
- Identify and resolve various types of incidents related to workstations, printers, mobile units, IP telephony and video conferencing;
- Ensure that workstations and peripherals are operational and optimally used;
- Go to users if remote support cannot correct the situation.
- Participate in maintaining the company’s IT inventory.
- Create and destroy user profiles and various types of access according to client needs.
- Manage the IT activities involved in employee arrivals, transfers, promotions and departures:
- Work with Human Resources and managers to manage employee arrivals, transfers, promotions and departures and document them;
- Submit the appropriate forms to the manager, review the forms received from the manager and record them;
- Provide daily follow-up on active tickets.
- Participate in various projects.
- Document, analyze and continuously improve procedures, problems and their resolution.
- Provide advice to users.
- Provide backup to peer group during absences.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- College diploma in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Level 1/2 Technical Support Analyst in an IT Support environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 suite and tools, desktop and laptop computers, BlackBerry devices, iPhones, iPads, multifunction printers, video conferencing, the network environment (network implementation, support and management, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP protocol, router and switch management)
- Knowledge of various call pickup tools, Citrix and Sharepoint an asset.
- Excellent troubleshooting and incident resolution skills.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills; fluency in spoken and written French and English.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player and contributor to a positive team dynamic.
- Ability to work under pressure; sense of urgency and customer service-oriented
- Versatility, adaptability to new technologies and change.
- Strong organizational, priority management and multitasking skills; results-oriented.
- Motivated, creative, flexible, responsible and proactive.
- Availability to work between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday, according to a flexible work schedule.
- Availability to work outside regular work hours.
This is a full time position located in downtown Toronto with an annual salary between $60,000.00 – $65,000.00 per annum. We are only considering candidates who are fluent in both French and English.