Intermediate QA (Retail)
The Intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the testing of releases/projects for POS and Equity applications and their associated technical infrastructure. The incumbent will analyze project documents to identify test requirements, design and execute scripts and participate in the defect process. The incumbent must have a strong understanding and working knowledge of POS and Equity based business processes and the POS Point 1 and Equity applications. This position requires an individual who actively participates, is curious, is motivated to learn, and has strong communication skills.
• Actively participate in the testing of applications, its subsystems, and its supporting technical infrastructure.
• Analyze project documentation to determine test case and scripts design, participate in test execution and defect resolution.
• Coordinate and execute other test types including system, conversion, integration, performance, and user acceptance testing
• Other duties as assigned
• 2-5 years practical experience with IT principles, testing theory and methodologies
• 2-5 years proven track record in participating in executing test plans, including analysis, script design and execution
• Prior retail QA based experience/server replacement experience/infrastructure knowledge
• Strong organization, planning, coordination and scheduling
• Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
• Experience with Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, Project)
• Experience with Test Director and QTP tools
• Proficiency in SQL
• Customer service focus and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated communications skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated team player
Nice to Have
• Knowledge of retail POS and inventory management applications
• Flexible with respect to work hours
• Degree or diploma in Computer Studies