We are seeking a self motivated, independent individual to manage and support our client’s IT infrastructure and needs. This is a “hands on” position and required someone who enjoys variety and interacts well with users of widely varying skill levels. The individual will be in the following roles: system admin / network admin / on site and remote site support
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain servers and network infrastructure.
- Deploy system backup strategies
- System design, implementation and support
- Maintain up to date company hardware / software inventory.
- Point of sale equipment ordering; coordinate installation; interface with proprietary software
- Interact with Franchisees to troubleshoot computer hardware / software issues . Providing technical support and training for proprietary purchasing software, POS software, and handheld Scanner devices and telephone systems.
- Identify, resolve, and track technical problems in a timely manner.
- Proactively expand existing knowledge of hardware/software through self-studying and research.
- Create budgets for the IT department / evaluate IT ROI with accounting department
- Knowledge of programming languages such as VB.NET would be a big asset as well as any Web Design with .NET and IIS as a backend would be a big advantage.
- Strong understanding of networking / firewalls / routing
- Active Directory / GPO
- Strong Microsoft Window Server 2000/2003/2008 skills
- Strong Microsoft Windows Desktop OS skills
- Experience Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-v and Virtual Machines.
- Experience with network security and vulnerabilities
- Point of sale experience (preference to Toshiba)
NON TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent organizational skills with the attention to detail, efficient, committed to deadlines.
- Must be highly fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and have patience when supporting non-technical users.
- Must occasionally be available to work nights and weekends