We are seeking a self motivated, independent individual to manage and support our client’s IT infrastructure and needs. This is a “hands on” position and required someone who enjoys variety and interacts well with users of widely varying skill levels. The individual will be in the following roles: system admin / network admin / on site and remote site support
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Maintain servers and network infrastructure.
– Deploy system backup strategies
– System design, implementation and support
– Maintain up to date company hardware / software inventory.
– Point of sale equipment ordering; coordinate installation; interface with proprietary software
– Interact with Franchisees to troubleshoot computer hardware / software issues . Providing technical support and training for proprietary purchasing software, POS software, and handheld Scanner devices and telephone systems.
– Identify, resolve, and track technical problems in a timely manner.
– Proactively expand existing knowledge of hardware/software through self-studying and research.
– Create budgets for the IT department / evaluate IT ROI with accounting department
– Knowledge of programming languages such as VB.NET would be a big asset as well as any Web Design with .NET and IIS as a backend would be a big advantage.
– Strong understanding of networking / firewalls / routing
– Active Directory / GPO
– Strong Microsoft Window Server 2000/2003/2008 skills
– Strong Microsoft Windows Desktop OS skills
– Experience Microsoft SQL Server
– Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
– Experience with Microsoft Hyper-v and Virtual Machines.
– Experience with network security and vulnerabilities
– Point of sale experience (preference to Toshiba)
NON TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
– Excellent organizational skills with the attention to detail, efficient, committed to deadlines.
– Must be highly fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to work under pressure and have patience when supporting non-technical users.
– Must occasionally be available to work nights and weekends