Senior Technical Support Analyst
We are currently looking for a Senior Technical Support Analyst to ensure proper computer operation in order for end users to accomplish business tasks in multiple domain environments. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests within established service level agreements (SLAs). Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the client device level.
Strategy & Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Roll-outs and operation system on-boarding projects.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Implement software releases and roll-outs according to Change Management best practices.
- Manage hardware life cycle of computers, printers and devices on the network.
- Execute project plans to on-board approved operation systems and devices.
- Fulfill incoming service requests from end users via telephone, client self-service portal, and email in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from internal and external clients.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the Service Desk Team Lead.
- Prioritize client service request and incidents. Escalate when required to the appropriate resources.
- Coordinate internal/external resources to deliver solution.
- Record, track, and document the service desk request and problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked question resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the workstation level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Ensure virus definitions and security patches are up-to-date on all computers.
- Performing preventative maintenance as required, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to service requests.
- Develop knowledge base articles to assist with problem resolutions.
- Reinforce service level agreements (SLAs) to manage end-user expectations.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related field. Continued Information Technology training through formal courses and personally initiated improvement is required.
- Minimum 5 years of extensive working experience in Microsoft Active Directory and IP network administration.
- Proven experience in customer service, supporting multi-platform systems and related applications.
- ITIL V3 certified
- Experience with an enterprise Incident Management System.
- Experience with Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) or similar enterprise software deployment tools.
- Experience with Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM) or similar enterprise performance monitoring and reporting tools.
- Experience with eVault Cloud backup Services, or a similar server backup software.
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, printers, switches and wireless devices.
- Extensive experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows and Macs.
- Extensive application support experience with MS Office Suite, Google Apps.
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment, and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Fluent English language skills – French language skills are an asset.
- Achieves Results
- Ability to Multi-task
- Detail Oriented
- Meets Deadlines and Commitments
- Organizational Skills
- Collaborates with Others, Works Effectively with Others
- Communicates Effectively, Clear and Concise (oral and written communication)
- Demonstrates Functional Expertise
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Web/Software Applications
Community College, Computer Science
This is a permanent position in Vancouver, BC with an annual salary of $66,000.00 – $70,000.00 plus bonus and benefits