Telecommunications/Network Admin Specialist
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the Manager, IT Operations & Infrastructure, provide installation, administration and support services for the Corporation’s telephone communications network infrastructure. Troubleshoot and resolve network and connectivity issues. Perform systems monitoring and operations support functions. Co-ordinate the installation of communications hardware, software and cabling.
Provide installation, administration and support service for the Corporation’s telephone systems, integrated voice/data/video network and related technologies. Implement, tune, configure and upgrade telecommunication systems and network ensuring optimal performance. Review and evaluate alternative to support specific network communications requirements. Monitor network performance, security, capacity and provide proactive recommendations to ensure a proactive provisioning. Prepare and maintain installation and upgrade documentation, procedure manuals and hardware & software inventories for accepted standard network technologies. As part of a team, plan and implement corporate wide client network architecture, security and network management. Install and upgrade new and additional local and remote network segments and related technologies. Participate on project teams as a technical resource. Maintain awareness of developments in technology and standards and provide guidance and recommendations regarding communication directions. Provide management support for the infrastructure, as required 7 days/week 24 hours/day, this could include the ability to be flexible with work schedules in order to address fixes, updates and installation of hardware/software products.
- Post Secondary degree/diploma in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- 2-3 years minimum experience in telephone system and network administration support with demonstrated systems management and trouble shooting skills;
- Working knowledge of IP communications systems/networks (particularly VOIP), LAN/WAN, WIFI, WIMAX and Cellular Radio;
- Good understanding of legacy Analog/TDM telephone network provisioning, Call Centre operations and Voice Messaging systems/networks;
- Experience in the defining of requirements, implementation and support of Integrated Communications technologies including products from Avaya, Cisco, HP and Microsoft;
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational, report writing and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work individually, and in operations or project team environments;
- Commitment to customer service excellence.